Since 2001 BEL has been contracted by Tag Farnborough Airport to undertake landscape improvements and Term maintenance of the whole airport comprising 634 acres.
We have taken great pride in being able to work on such a long term project of this scale and work hard with attention to detail to maintain and present Farnborough Airport to a standard that befits Tag Farnborough Airport's commitment to quality.
Every two years the world’s largest Air show and temporary exhibition is held at the Airport. Presentation is vital. We consider the airport and show ground as a reflection of our client’s professionalism and so maintain each to a ‘show standard’ at all times regardless as to whether or not it is an Air show.
In addition to the ongoing development and routine maintenance of Farnborough, we have successfully implemented projects and services that are beneficial to maintaining the environmental harmony at the Airport.
Some of these include:
- Translocation of 6 acres of SSSI protected heathland to allow for essential development, whilst protecting this environmentally protected land.
- Wetland restoration
- Pond creation
- Woodland management and planting
- Habitat creation for bats, birds, mammals, amphibians and insects
- Management of SSSI and Orchid sites
- Indigenous rare plant seed harvesting and re-sowing
- Use of low ground pressure equipment in sensitive areas
- Management and maintenance of reed beds and water courses
- Cut and clearance of grassland
- Composting of waste materials and reuse as a fertiliser
- Use of specialist equipment to control weeds whilst minimising the use of herbicides